Monday 17 May 2010

Suicide

Today was a little bit depressing.

In RS, we talked about the existence of God. There are alot more believers in my class than I thought there were; 18 theists, 7 atheists and 1 agnostic. We talked about how if you don't believe in God, it's pretty much impossible to prove that there is one. Then Swales got off topic and told us about Mesculin, the hallucinogenic drug thing. Like, if someone said to you now that there was a tarantula crawling up your arm, you'd just be like, "yeah whatever." but a little part of you would shudder, because you instinctively think, "Tarantulas. Not good, let's get very far away now." If you told someone on Mesculin (I think it's Mesculin, it sounded like that. I'll call it Mesculin) that there was a tarantula on their arm, they'd start punching themself to try and get it off. Put an axe in their hand and they'll try to hack their own arm off to get rid of the tarantula. It sounds so fun >:D

Next in Drama, Mrs Hathaway asked us the question,
"Have any of you read the Big Issue?" And of course the mature side of me could see the sincere side of it and how we are a bit prejudiced against homeless people and all that. But I have to say, most of me did think, "what the hell? Buy the Big Issue? I wouldn't touch it!"
We then got onto the subject of whether suicide was selfish or not, and why people are prejudiced against people with mental illnesses, and how one third of us in the room would suffer from mental illness at some point in our lives. Lovely stuff.

After that it was English, and we had a test. Not exactly difficult to do a test in English comprehension if you know how to read, and I'm pretty sure that at the very least in my set, everyone has a basic knowledge of understanding words. The test was easy, but took me longer than it should have done because of Henry, who seems to suffer Writing Rage. I have to sit next to him because of the stupid seating plan, and all the way through the test, whenever he wrote something, he wrote so aggresively that the table shook. Like really shook, so I couldn't actually read. And then he was waving his legs about under the table so I had no space and had to kick him a few times. When I finished the test, I got on with my Gothic Story - which I then found out is meant to be about 2 sides of A4 in size 12 font. Firstly, who types in size 16? I always type in size 12. Secondly, I haven't even got to the good bit of my story yet, and it's already 7 sides of A5 long. Then I have to describe my writing style and why I chose the words I did. Because it makes sense to choose them in that order! I don't critique my choice of language as I write something; everything I write would be really boring if I did. It's like asking someone to explain why they talk with a Manchester accent. Because they were brought up there! It's not any particular choice they've made to add effect to anything, it's just the way they think! Ridiculous pointless question. Hmph.

Then I got out of school early. I should be in Physics right now - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - but I had to go to the orthodontist's. And now I have to wear these ridiculous elastic bands round my teeth for God knows how long. It looks like a pathetic attempt to wire my mouth shut. They don't hurt, but I look stupid and I can feel them getting in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment