Sunday 16 May 2010

Weekend Things

Yes, I know I didn't post yesterday or the day before. I am a very naughty girl. Ah well. I'm posting now, aren't I?

So, Friday . . . erm, what did I do on Friday? First lesson was Geography. We did posters about Arsenal (Arsenal? Who cares about Arsenal?) that was an ok lesson.
Then we did French, and did our end of unit test. I think I did alright in it actually, even when I remembered a joke my mum had told me a few days before - I went out with MC Hammer but it was really rubbish because he wouldn't let me touch anything - and started laughing uncontrollably. So I drew faces all over the front of my booklet. It's mild vandalism compared to the amount of drawings people put on theirs. In Year 8, Saskia wrote a story on the back page of hers.
Third period was German and we had the crazy shouting cover teacher again. I was looking in the amazing unabridged German - English dictionary. Most of the words I remember are ones I shouldn't really repeat here, though I do remember that lickety-split was in there somewhere. I don't remember the German translation though.
I don't remember much about lunchtime either, except that Sana gave me a pear drop. It was alright, but I prefer things with a really strong flavour - like those Toxic Waste sweets. They're nice, apart from the time when I burnt my tongue off one.
Period four was . . . it was . . . oh yeah, Music. Musical Smith has finally accepted the futility of trying to teach us how to play the base bit of Trenchtown Rock on Easynotes, so she left us to our Caribbean music presentations. I've already finished mine, so I surfed Google for funny pictures with Meghann and Chloe - and Henry, who decided to log off his computer and stay over our side when Cameron started typing 'penis' into his Google searchbox. Haha.
Maths was a lil' bit mortifying. I made a really bad joke about algebra. Nobody even said anything like,
"Issy, you need to get a life." or
"You disgust me. Go and live in a cardboard box." the joke was - well it wasn't even really a joke, just a way of remembering something, like Naughty Elephants Squirt Water - it was to remember that in algebra, a like term is something that is exactly the same as something else. The way I thought of remembering it by was 'Bees don't take Es.' you can see how it works, right? I suggested it to Ferneyhough, and everyone went quiet and he just looked at me like 'what the hell are you talking about?'

Saturday I was round at Dad's. Played Guitar Hero for two and a bit songs - the bit of the third song was when the disk broke and wouldn't play, so I hijacked Dad's laptop and harvested my Amaranths on Farmville.
Saturday night, back at home, me and Mum watched Lost In Translation. Very funny, especially that hooker that keeps grabbing hold of his leg and pulling him onto the floor. Then we watched La La Land - it's so embarrassing to watch, especially when the supposedly blind Shirley Ghostman collapses on the floor in a temper tantrum, begging to be the host of a ghost-hunting show. And this guy who's trying to make a nature documentary accidentally kills the condor he stole from the zoo when it falls off the roof of his car and under his wheels.

So that is it for ze weekend I suppose. Bye bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment