Thursday 27 May 2010

OMG THE SKY IS BACK

I can see the sky again! The clouds went! Yeah, it was raining and cloudy this morning, but it was all nice by lunchtime.

So, the first period today was Biology, and we had Gracey covering for Reedy. I don't think Gracey realised why we gave him such an enthusiastic greeting. Partly because he can't handle us, and partly because he's a spy assassin.
Reedy had tried to trick us into being all stressed out over half term with loads of homework, but I got it all done in the lesson, HAHAHAHAHAAAA! Can't catch me that easily. Though the question on how blood worms are useful in detecting pollution in an area was confusing.

Period two was French, and we were going through our tests. I got a 5b on the listening, 5c on the reading and 6b on the writing I think. SarahS drew a funny picture on Meghann's hand, but I'm not saying what it was - and it wasn't that, if you're thinking what I think you're thinking.

Period 3 was English, and Pegum told us that the public speaking presentation is actually only for Year 7s and Year 8s. She said we could have our own Year 9 set 1 competition anyway, with the opportunity to win a small toy car and some chocolates. I'm in, and I got my slide on Che Guevara done today. About four more slides to go, including the thanks for watching slide and then I need to do the animation. Should take about three more lessons if I keep up my current rate. I take pride in my presentations - my last one, on my favourite character from Animal Farm, was very classy if I do say so myself.

At lunchtime, Chloe wasn't there (I found out she's had an allergic reaction and went to hospital) and I didn't know where Janneka was, so I had lunch with Meghann, Zoe, SarahS, Eibhilin, Rosa, Saskia, Sara, Kymalee, Alex, Ben and Denny. Then Zara came over too, shortly followed by these Year 10 guys, Theo, Stefan and Micheal. They had a plank of wood with them that they were using as a sort of see-saw catapult thing. And they had a football too. We took it and it became girls-keep-the-ball-away-from-the-boys-with-our-netball-skills as usual. I got accidentally hit in the leg by the football when Theo kicked it and I got in the way.

Periods four and five were Games, and we were doing House Rounders. I know I'm meant to be impartial here, but I do think it was highly unfair that she took off an entire rounder from our team for time wasting (10 seconds while Zara walked up to the box) and talking back, when all the 'back-talker' had done was explain why we'd just had half a rounder taken off us. The other team got away with swearing, knocking the bases over and taking literally five minutes to get their batter up to the box. Merriman can't hear me now though, haha. She really really does hate our House for some reason. We still beat Green House though.
Next we went over to the other Rounders pentagon thingy to play Blue House - this game was referreed by Kerins and Brown, so even though we lost and Zara managed to bowl the ball into Zainab's face, we had a good time. Kerins started calling me Minnie Mouse because I had a big bow in my hair, and SarahS said the thought it was funny that I completely forgot where the ball was every time I ran, and just kept going round the bases.

This evening, Mum helped me make Sake Steak (ooh that rhymed!). I'm going to be making it for a school cooking competition thingy, along with these glitzy chocolate cakes, so I'm being made to practice until I barely need the recipe. So far I have learnt that I was right about one teaspoon of wasabi as well as one tablespoon of chilli sauce being very hot. I told Mum we didn't need to use that much. And I didn't panic when I was turning the steak, even though the pan was spitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment