Tuesday 13 July 2010

Hello

Yes . . . I'm back. I know it's been a while, and I do keep thinking of things I could write about, but it's the actual writing-up bit that bores me. What's the point of having a blog that nobody reads? I could use it as a diary, but it's on the internet so obviously isn't secure enough. Nowhere is secure enough for me, because no matter how illogical it is, I'll always have a sneaking suspicion that somebody will have bought a jackhammer or a digger to get into that three-foot-thick solid stainless steel, hackproof safe that I bought to put my Precious Things into, complete with guard dogs and one of those laser trap thingies. You know?
Still, I'm here and I'm not sure what to write about now. Erm . . .
It's the summer holidays now, and I'm at my Dad's for the week. Zak's already tried to shut me out of my own room - because 'it's Archie's room too' (which still doesn't logically give him rights to it. If Archie was suddenly bothered enough about modesty to want to dress privately then I might be a little more understanding. He doesn't try to burst in on me for socks when I'm getting dressed either). I just need to shut the door a bit tighter when I leave and intend to go back in, so that they can't pull it open and shut themselves inside.

On the last full day at school, my year and the Year 10s went to Alton Towers. I hung around with Chloe, Alix, Janneka, Hannah, Patrick, Frankie, Douglas, Maham, Sonny and Mikey. Keiley and SarahR were meant to be with us too, but Keiley mysteriously disappeared with the money she was looking after for Chloe, and SarahR vanished too.
I refused to get on Rita, so I waited outside the queue while the others lined up. I had a few goes on one of those claw machines where you put the claw over the thing you want and it grabs at it. They are so rigged! I got hold of a meerkat by the head (not a real meerkat, stupid), and it was just about to drop it into the box so that I could get it out when the claws opened and it threw the stupid thing back in! I was so angry that I bought a packet of Aero bubbles and ate them all myself.
After that, we got into the Scary-Scary-Cable-Cars to go up to one of the higher areas. I nearly fell down the back of my seat and thought I was falling out of the cable car, even though the doors were shut and we were essentially inside a box. We still spent the whole two minute ride screaming and visualising horrible deaths where we fell and impaled ourselves on bits of rollercoaster. But we got off alright, and went on this pirate ship thing where it swings you backwards and forwards really high. I liked that one, even though I kept feeling like my stomach was dematerialising through my back when we went back down.
We had a look at Ripsaw, but it looked way too scary so we didn't go on it, and then we were going to go on Air, but the queue was way too long. For some reason, all the others decided to waste time having a Grand High Council meeting on the topic of 'Shall we go to Burger King or shall we buy fish and chips?' I started walking off, which always works, because then we split into two groups. Me, Chloe, Alix and Janneka went back down the Scary-Scary-Cable-Cars to Burger King, and the others stayed behind to get fish and chips with Hannah and Maham, who couldn't have Burger King because it's not halal.
After the Burger King, me and the other three went on this spinning mushroom thing. You had to sit in a swing, and then they lifted you up into the air an spun you round really fast. I didn't like it because I kept feeling like my swing was going to come loose and I'd get hurled against the Froghopper and die a painful death of deathness. After that we went on a merry-go-round. Hannah and Maham turned up and they went on the twirling mushroom thing with Chloe, Janneka and Alix while I waited and messed with Janneka's camera.
After that, we went back up on the Scary-Scary-Cable-Cars and had another go on the swinging pirate ship before joining up with the others again. Strangely enough, Mikey had disappeared and nobody knew where (he was alright in the end, I think he just saw some other friends). I sneaked a Solero onto the S.S.C.C.s when we went back down, and we went on this cool battleship thing.
It was eight to a boat, so me, Chloe, Douglas, Frankie, Janneka, Hannah, Maham and Sonny went on one. We had a cannon each, and a handle that we had to turn to squirt water out of the cannon. There were all people round the edges firing their cannons at us, and there were machines that did it too, unless you hit their targets. We had a little battle with Iqra, Zahraa and Zainab who were on the boat after us.
After emerging, completely soaked from that, we headed off to the log flume ride thing. We bought fast tracks, which was good because the queue of people who hadn't was ridiculously long. The fast track only cost £3! Silly tight people.
the logs weren't logs when we got in though. They were bathtubs. Me, Chloe, Janneka and Alix got in one, and the others went behind. It was pretty smooth at first, apart from the corners, which it seemed you were supposed to crash into and get bounced off along the ride. When we got to the first slope though, that's when it got scary. The up part of it was just some rollers with rubber on them to pull us up, with a sign at the side saying 'if the ride stops, please do not move'. When we fell off the other side, we actually were falling, because the boat wasn't actually attached to anything. We went round some more corners and then up a slope into this big dark tunnel, so none of us could see where the drop was - until we were falling, of course. Then this enormous yellow duck burst out of the darkness at us, quacked and set off two showers on us. After that, there was one last enormous drop, and we were done. Fun Times.

On Friday, in our end of year assembly, Boustead showed us a video of Sports Day (which was a disaster, I shall elaborate in a moment) and all our athletic achievements. There were also several short clips including me and my war-painted face, including one devoted to me doing the high jump, with my entire run up and the most ridiculous dive I did. Luckily the only sound was the music she was playing, so nobody heard me screaming.

The Sports Day Disaster thing is this; we went to Sport City this year, instead of Longford Park. As far as the events went, it was alright, some people even broke school records. About an hour before the end though, a Year 7 blacked out, fell over a few rows of chairs and hit his head. Keiley, who is an asthmatic, started having an asthma attack after we did the 800 metres, and began hyperventilating. One of those mini-ambulances were called, and two proper ones came as well. After they were gone, Meghann broke down in tears because she'd been comforting Keiley and gotten freaked out.
Strangely enough, I don't really think we'll be going back to Sport City next year.

2 comments:

  1. The questions are:
    Do you want to get read?
    Who do you want to read you?
    What can you talk about that other may engage with?
    How do you write to get noticed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean what do I want to get read? The things I put in my blog, duh. I don't have a specific target audience. I'm writing about myself, so people who are interested in what I write about. I can't go surveying the internet to find out what other people think I should do my blog about, it's mine mine mine. If I was writing to get noticed I would have worked out some way to make people see it. I'm not writing an advertisement blog, so I'm not exactly writing stories for other people. I'm writing about me. Everything else I know of has already been done.

    ReplyDelete