Saturday 12 June 2010

Ermm . . . .

I feel a bit stupid. You know like when your mind's completely blank and you can't think of anything at all? I've been sat here for about ten minutes with my mouth open like a moron, failing to think about things and picking a new background for my blog (do you like it? It's on the new tool thing they opened up).

So . . . when did I last post? I don't know. I can't be bothered checking either. What a shame. Well, what did I do yesterday? Erm . . .

First period was Chemistry, as it always is on a Friday. We went through some test sheet things on everything we've covered in Chemistry since the last GCSE exams. I think I might have said something out loud that I shouldn't have, because Bunting came over to us and said,
"Guess what we're going to be doing after the exams!" and we were all like, 'I dunno. Watching films?' and she said,
"We're going to be making a huge fractional distillation chart and sticking it up on the wall!" and she looked so excited about it that I just mumbled to myself,
"You need to get out more." and I think she might have heard me.

Second period was French (Crane rabbitting on about uniform for an hour basically). He spent so long going on at us with the same speech that he always gives - which is completely needless, he just likes the sound of his own voice - and gave us so little work because of the time that he wasted (and blames us for wasting) that I still finished the work and managed to read through Meghann's english assessment story and write her a review on the back before the lesson finished.

Third period was German. Most of the class who also happened to be in Set 1 for Maths went off on some trip to a University to spend an afternoon doing maths (the idiots, they thought it would be fun because it wasn't in school, ignorant of the amount of times that I pointed out that they'd just be spending two hours doing ridiculously hard maths with a bunch of awkward Uni students) so there was just me, Chloe, Zoe, Meghann, Iqra, Zainab, Zaira, Saskia, Rosa, Georgie, Kwame, Cameron, Danial, SarahR, Maham and Muneeb in the class. We played a weird kind of bingo with word types ("YESSSS, I'VE GOT 'MIT DEM AUTO!'") and Iqra won because she seems to have some ability to talk so loud that she can actually enforce mind control on people, and kept shouting out words that she wanted. Then we did something else, that I can't remember - oh yeah, we made stories with our words, which is a bit difficult when in your pair you have 'im Park' twice, and neither of you wrote down 'ich, er, sie, es, Sie or wir'.

At lunchtime, me and Chloe tried to chill by ourselves, and we managed for most of lunchtime, only interrupted by the Year 10s on the netball pitch who kept kicking their football over the fence. I picked it up for them, threw it over and did ninja-stylee forward rolls back to where me and Chloe were sat. We also had a deep discussion about how embarrassment is expected in most social circles as a sign that you know that whatever you have done or said is not accepted in that situation and you have made a social mess-up, and how the way people relate to eachother in school is just ridiculous. Then SarahR, Keiley, Iqra, Alix and someone else came over and started a loud conversation about dieting, culminating in Iqra claiming that skinny people are skinny because their body has no fat enzyme with which to make fat, and that her mum was getting her enzyme removed. She refused the idea of a metabolism point blank, even when every single one of us agreed that it was scientifically proven, and that removable 'fat enzymes' were about as likely as the Tooth Fairy coming along and scraping your body fat out while you sleep. And also that even if it was possible, having your fat enzyme removed wouldn't be a good idea for the simple fact that you'd die of cold as soon as it turns August here, if you're not wearing some kind of Arctic explorer's outfit.

Fourth period was History and we had Mrs Annoying again. This time she was alright though, and put on this long video from the 80s (it was obvious from the film quality and the fact that at the start there was a girl putting on what looked like a Storm Trooper helmet and a weird VR glove covered in sticky pads), which actually turned out to be rather entertaining. It was about the causes of the Second World War, and they kept showing clips of Hitler's speeches, especially the bits where he was waving his arms around and clapping his hands to his face cartoon style. Also, they had voice-over people reading out the opinions of the different countries involved, and they all did accents. The American (both Woodrow Wilson and Average Joe American) spoke with a ridiculous Texan hillbilly twang; The German sounded, well - German; The French person was impossible to understand, and I'm sure I heard him say 'hoheehoheehoh' at one point; the Russian person was extremely Russian and had a very very very deep voice; and best of all, the English person was a Yorkshireman! And the narrator of the film was from the West Country.
Then we made posters either supporting or condemning the Appeasement policy; mine now has a cool rainbow-coloured sign covering it saying 'APPEASEMENT was a FAIL!'

In Maths, since Ferneyhough was off doing Uni Maths with the 15 cleverest mathers in the year (you like my word?) apart from Zaira who apparently came second in the class on tests, but she turned the trip down, Sharp (I really want to call him Sharpey, but there's kind of a threatening atmosphere about his moustache and cartoon ties that makes me think I shouldn't) was covering us. He came in and asked us if we knew what were doing - some stupid lunar theme park project for the year 6 kids. We're not allowed to tell them how they could set their theme park out, give them suggestions, or in Ferneyhough's words, 'do not help them at all.' and yet we're meant to do their maths for them? How will they learn? And worst of all, Ferneyhough has said that from now until the end of term, all of us in top set Maths have to give up our Games lessons to go and do whatever we're meant to be doing with the Primary schoolers. I'm sure that's illegal - without that, we'll only be getting about an hour a week of the government - sanctioned amount of exercise that we should be doing. We'll all be as fat as pigs by the time it's July, and I'll have turned into a spiteful ball of mean bad temperedness - I don't like kids from year 6 because they think that sicne they've reached the top of Primary school that they're royalty and they can treat everyone else like dirt, and I don't like maths either. Teaching a subject I don't like to people I don't like, when technically what I've been told to do is something that I'm not meant to be doing because it goes against the rules I was told, IS NOT GOOD.
Anyway, Sharp asked us if we'd like to watch the first football match of the World Cup. We said yes, switched the lights off, closed the blinds and climbed onto the tables while Sharp looked through ITV player for it. Then he let set 5 in. Why? There's sets 2,3 and 4 he could have let in instead, but he let in set 5 - who, about twenty minutes in caused a disruption when Holly swore at Harry because he'd tried to touch her bum when she wasn't looking (Harry thinks he's a ladies' man). Me, Meghann and Zoe were laughing at that South African player Tshabalala. He was mentioned about five times as much as the other players - we thought he'd been sent off ages ago but the commentator had just decided to carry on talking about him.

Then that evening, me and Mum went to the dogs with Jim, Birdy, Gaz, Mike, Mad Dave, Adzy and Fitkin because it was Jim's birthday. Mum and Jim kept asking me for advice on which dog they should bet on, which I told them, but alogn with the warning that they couldn't blame me if they didn't win - because after all, since when has taking your gambling advice off a 14-year-old girl been a winning technique? Jim put a bet on for me though, on this dog called something like Liosgarbh Giggs, and I won £3.60.

Aaaaannndnddddddddddk vnkjfsfajv.wfsajvfkvsmdvdskvm that's all for now folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment